Sunday, February 28, 2010

Turbo Pipeline Pro 2010 - Final Day

The man of the day, Amaury Lavernhe came out victorious after an epic display of bodyboarding talent.
Jared Houston piloting his way through a Pipeline bomb...
Jerry representing South Africa proudly!!
The Turbo Pipeline Pro 2010 presented by Body Glove has finally been won, with Pipeline saving the best for last with the comp ending on a high! The Banzai Pipeline was going of it's nut with perfect 8 to 12 feet Pipe and light offshore winds all day.
Amaury Lavernhe from Reunion Islands had the goods in the final with an outstanding combined wave total of 17.50, with a perfect 10 for an insane barrel to backflip. He then answered with a 7.5 for another huge barrel to roll.
Final Scores:
  1. Amaury Lavernhe 17.50
  2. Diego Cabrera 14.65,
  3. Jared Houston 14.20
  4. Damian King 10.75.
"I am so stoked, I can't believe it" Said Lavernhe "I have been here for 3 weeks and I have been training for this day. "I just took this heat by heat and I didn't want to think too much about the final".
Diego Cabrera, who has come off the back of a win at the last IBA World Tour event at Confital in December has continued his stellar competitive run.
'This is my dream, I am very very happy as this is the first time that I have ever been in a pipe final and the second time in a Grand Slam final" said Cabrera.
Though Jared Houston missed out on second only by .45 points, he was thrilled with his performance in the competition after spending over 3 months on the North Shore in preparation. Originally excluded for the event due to surfing in an unsactioned bodyboarding event, Houston was the one who spearheaded the campaign to the IBA riders board to have the ban lifted at the end of 2009. "I am so stoked, this is everything that I have been working towards this year so I am so happy that it has paid off" said Houston
Terry McKenna, the IBA International General Manager, who was also one of the key drivers behind this event is thrilled with how the comp rolled out in 2010. "There was not a better way to begin the 2010 IBA World Tour season" Said Terry. "Winning this event is only second to winning the world title, I am thrilled that Amaury has won this event as he is the deserved winner".
The 2010 IBA World Tour now moved to New South Wales in Australia for the Soldier Beach Pro International from April 12 to 18.
WELL DONE JERRY,YOU MAKE US PROUD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment